Your trial gives you a chance to try looks until you find the one perfect for your big day! Here are some tips for how to prepare so that you can make the most out of it:
1. Collect images
Online boards like Pinterest are a great way to collect ideas and inspiration for looks that you are keen on trying.
Even if you can’t find the exact style you want, it still gives your makeup artist and hair stylist a clear idea of your taste which will help him/her to form a style that suits your features, outfit and matches your taste.
2. Look after yourself!
No matter how good your stylist is, they cannot perform miracles! If you want great results, make sure you keep drinking lots of water, eat well, get enough sleep and keep up with regular trims of your hair to avoid split ends. If you have an idea of what hairstyle you want, it may even be worth having a chat with your stylist about the best haircut for it.
3. What to have ready for the trial
- Unless you are having a blowdry, it is better to wash your hair the day before
- Keep your hair unstyled
- I prefer it if my clients have their skin care products ready for me to use when preparing their skin. This is to avoid the risk of any reactions.
- I find it really useful to see the outfit and accessories in person as it allows me to let it steer the whole look. If you do not have it a picture will be fine.
Top tip: after I leave keep your hair and makeup as it is for at least an hour so that you are confident it will stay in place on the big day.
4. What if I have no idea what I want?
No problem! Before your trial I will have a telephone consultation with you and we can discuss possible ideas.